Thanks for your interest in becoming a Black Bear Volunteer! We have a limited number of opportunities and volunteers are accepted on a first come, first serve basis, once approved by BBAMF.
Volunteers receive free entry to the festival for the day of your shift. You may sign up to work all three days. Volunteers working all three days will be provided a tent camping space if requested. (Sorry, no trailer space available for volunteers. We suggest that if you have a trailer and are working all three days, contact local campgrounds and reserve a spot early.)
We ask that the attached volunteer form be filled out and emailed to us for consideration. Applications must be received by August 15th to be considered. We do not accept applications from anyone under the age of 18;
What we expect:
- Be Friendly and courteous to all festival-goers!
- Dependable; work your entire shift and be on time!
- No children can accompany an adult during their shift.
- Be sober and ready to work!
- Wear your volunteer shirt & check in with volunteer coordinator upon your arrival.
What you can expect:
- Food coupon to be used after your shift; note that grounds workers receive unlimited food
- Bottled water available
- A shift consists of 3 hours; the Volunteer Coordinator will assign times as needed.
- VIP parking.
- Plenty of time left to enjoy the festival!
- Sign up with a friend! We’ll schedule you to work together!
- Grounds maintenance; includes emptying garbage, recycling and ash cans. Gloves will be provided.
- Admissions; includes handing out wristbands and programs.
- Parking for campers: must be able to work Thursday noon to Friday @ 6:00 p.m. This position receives a full festival ticket.
- Merchandise sales
BBAMF reserves the right to refuse entry or services of any volunteer that does not meet the expected criteria.